Piano Time Music Studio Policies
effective date: 01/09/2021
- We operate on a flat-rate tuition structure by auto-pay each month. The total number of lessons per year are added up (48 lessons), divided by 12 months, and tuition remains the same every month whether there are 4 or 5 lessons in a month, holidays, or missed lessons. This means that you don’t have to worry if you are away one week, we don’t need to adjust an invoice, you will still receive the same number of lessons over the year, and we can simply reschedule a lesson at any time.
- If paying per term by e-transfer or credit card, term one is Sept-Jan (20 lessons), and term two is Feb-June (20 lessons), plus the summer (8 lessons).
- Payments may be made by Visa/Mastercard by autopay processed on the first of each month, or by e-transfer when paying per term.
- The yearly calendar has 3 additional lessons built into the tuition rate. If a student is absent fewer than 3 times a year, they will be receiving those lessons for free.
- A missed lesson may be rescheduled three times per year if notice is provided at least 48 hours in advance through the student portal.
- If notification of a missed lesson is received with less than 48 hours, the lesson will be forfeited
- Recitals are held in December and May each year, free of charge for students and guests. Other performance opportunities may be scheduled throughout the year.
- Lessons may be discontinued at any time, with no penalties, provided that the studio is notified in writing at least 30 days prior to your last lesson. In the case of payments made per term, the remainder of the term will be refunded.